Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Dread Update- 2 months


It is with great pleasure that I introduce Carlos to the world. Carlos is my very first natural baby dreadlock. I noticed him on Sunday morning--- or rather, Nikola fished him out of my mess of hair to show me that my dreads are actually starting to make progress. Strangely enough, Saturday evening I almost posting an update of my messy head declaring the same-old "nothing is happening, it is a practice in patience," etc.

Carlos is tiny, I know, and he is not very strong yet, but he is definitely a collection of knots hanging out at the top of my head, and I am super excited about him. This means that at least the front of my head has gotten long enough to start dreading, and if I spend countless crazy hours at the beach in Bulgaria by the end of the summer I will have a good set started, that I can bead up and let set over the winter. I really cannot believe that I have my first baby dread in only two months. At the same time I cannot believe that it has already been 2 months since I stopped using shampoo and combing my hair. My hair is very soft and happy being washed in baking soda and vinegar. :-)

The change in me is also very desirable. As I went walking on the rainy streets this morning: sandals, a long flowing skirt, tank top, scarf wrapped around my shoulders and head... I felt completely in my body, confident, and happy in a way that I haven't felt in a very long time. I am definitely meant to be a little earth child. Hippie? Meh, if you wish to title me so. I'll stop resisting it. But it is so much more than that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment